3% AFFF Foam Concentrate
Sold in 5-gallon containers
Chemguard 3% AFFF is a specially formulated, synthetic, aqueous film forming foam concentrate. A vapor suppressing aqueous film is formed by the foam solution draining from the expanded foam blanket. It is intended for use at a proportioning rate of 3% (3 parts AFFF concentrate to 97 parts water) on Class B hydrocarbon type fuels such as gasoline, kerosene, diesel, etc. Chemguard 3% AFFF is not intended for use on fuels, which are polar solvent/water miscible such as alcohols, ketones, esters, etc.
- U.L. Listed, Foam Liquid Concentrates
- U.L. Canada Listed
- U.L. recommended application rate on hydrocarbon type fuels is .10/gpm ft².
- FM Approved
- Performance to ICAO, Doc. # 9137, Part 1, Chapter 8, Level “B” verified
- Suitable for use with fresh or salt water
- Suitable for use with both aspirating foam and standard water fog nozzles
- Suitable for use with deluge or closed head foam water sprinkler systems
- If inadvertently frozen, thawing will render product completely serviceable again
- Suitable for use with carbon steel, fiberglass, polyethylene or stainless steel. Chemguard 3% AFFF is not compatible with galvanized pipe or fittings in an undiluted form.
- Suitable for use with siliconized dry chemical extinguishing agents